> On Mar 16, 2019, at 10:42, Michael Welzl <mich...@ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
> Good question!  …. on Windows in particular, I’d really like to know this too.

        Well, as far as I can tell it is the group policy editor that is the
tool to assign DSCPs to applications, IMHO that is exactly the right place,
somewhere where the administrator/enduser can set her desired policy
(personally I am fine with applications also using sensible defaults, as long
as the user can override them all is well). The catch seems to be that group
policies require a domain controller and are hence not available on stand-alond
windows home installations. Anybody with deep contacts to microsoft here, that
could try to get an sub-official standpoint from MS on the issue of opening the
group policy editor up for everybody (at least the dscp marking part)?

Best Regards
        Sebastian