On Wed, 4 Aug 2021, Jonathan Morton wrote:

Linux-based CPE devices have AQM functionality integrated into the Wifi stack. The AQM itself operates at layer 3, but the Linux Wifi stack implementation uses information from layers 2 and 4 to improve scheduling decisions, eg. airtime-fairness and flow-isolation (FQ). This works best on soft-MAC Wifi hardware, such as ath9k/10k and MT76, where this information is most readily available to software. In principle it could also be implemented in the MAC, but I don't know of any vendor that's done that yet.

Does this work also with flowoffload enabled, or is that not accelerated on for instance MT76? I'm surprised since MT76 can barely do 100 meg/s of large packets using only CPU?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se