end users are still going to want their own router/firewall.  That's
my point, I don't see how you can have that on-prem firewall while
having a remote radio that's useful.

I would adamantly oppose anyone I know passing their firewall off to
the upstream vendor.   I run an MSP and I would offer a customer to
drop my services if they were to buy into something like this on the
business side.

So I really only see this sort of concept for campus networks where
the end users are 'part' of the entity.