My brother and I installed irrigation systems in Texas where it rains a lot. No problem with getting business. Digging trenches, laying & gluing PVC pipe, installing controller wires, etc is good, respectable work.

I wonder if too many white-collar workers avoided blue-collar work and don't understand that blue-collar workers actually are very interested in installing fiber (or Actifi) and being part of improving things.

Bob
I think the big problem with this is users per domicile. It's easy
enough to support one floor of a residence with a single AP. There is
an upper limit on the bandwidth that one user can ever require. It is
probably what is needed for full-sphere VR at the perceptual limit. We
have long achieved the perceptual limit of ears, on top of that we
have a lot of tweaking and self-deception. We will get to the limit of
eyes. Multiply this by eight users per domicile for a limit that most
would fit in. We can probably do that with one AP. The additional
equipment and maintenance outlay for structural fiber and an AP per
room doesn't really seem worth it.