I don't think so. The govt. just bailed out SVB for billionaires who were woefully underinsured. The claim is that it protected our financial system. Their risk officers didn't price in inflation and those impacts, i.e. they eliminated insurance without eliminating the liability.

Texas govt sells windstorm insurance https://www.twia.org/ so the real estate industry will build houses in Hurricane prone areas. Society is good with that.

Liabilities that will stop people from installing quality FiWi fire alarms are a failure that needs to be fixed too.

We've got a lot of ground to cover.

Bob

if you want to eliminate insurance, then you need to eliminate the
liability, which I don't think you want to do if you want to claim
that this is 'life critical'

David Lang