On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:08 +0100, Noel O'Boyle wrote:

> The good thing about this is that it's easy to do and lightweight. The
> bad thing is that it is not well known outside of Javascript, although
> according to http://www.json.org/, parsers are available for every
> language under the sun.
>
> If you could give an example of a SOAP webserver with nice
> documentation, I could have a go if this would help.

Well there are a number of services listed at
http://www.chembiogrid.org/wiki/index.php/Web_Service_Infrastructure#Database_Services_.28see_also_Databases_Projects.29
which would be handy to access in Javascript code.

The page also lists a number of other services, which may or may not be
useful.

The WSDL to the services as well as Javadocs for usage are available for
(nearly) all the services on that page