Hi Christian,

A quick followup from Noel and Egon's posts:
The unit testing code for the RDKit smarts parser/matcher is here:
http://rdkit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rdkit/trunk/Code/GraphMol/SmilesParse/smatest.cpp

For larger-scale/regression testing work, there is a collection of
diverse SMARTS patterns in:
http://rdkit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rdkit/trunk/Data/SmartsLib/RLewis_smarts.txt

I use these for regression testing the RDKit, but the data aren't in a
form that's useable for others. If there's interest I would be happy
to get the tests into a more useful form.

Best Regards,
-greg