Hi Greg,

the unit testing code for the RDKit smarts parser/matcher looks quite good. The
diverse SMARTS pattern collection only contains the SMARTS and no
matching/non-matching SMILES but could be used for SMARTS parser test. I will
most likely extract smarts/smiles and put them in a QT unit test. If you are
interested in getting the QT unit test files let me know.

Best Regards
Christian

On Apr 22, 2010, at 6:29 AM, Greg Landrum wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> A quick followup from Noel and Egon's posts:
> The unit testing code for the RDKit smarts parser/matcher is here:
> http://rdkit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rdkit/trunk/Code/GraphMol/SmilesParse/smatest.cpp
>
> For larger-scale/regression testing work, there is a collection of
> diverse SMARTS patterns in:
> http://rdkit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rdkit/trunk/Data/SmartsLib/RLewis_smarts.txt
>
> I use these for regression testing the RDKit, but the data aren't in a
> form that's useable for others. If there's interest I would be happy
> to get the tests into a more useful form.
>
> Best Regards,
> -greg
>
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Noel O'Boyle <baoille...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do you mean a validation test set? I don't think there is any standard set.
>> You could take a look at the test suites of the various BO projects
>> (OpenBabel, CDK, RDKit, even JOELib) and put one together.
>>
>> A standard set would be very useful. If you do create one, could you email
>> this list with the details?
>>
>> - Noel
>>
>> On 20 April 2010 13:15, H.-Christian Ehrlich <ehrl...@zbh.uni-hamburg.de>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everybody,
>>> my name is Christian and I am new to the list. I am currently working on a
>>> SMARTS-based substructure search tool and I am looking for a more or less
>>> standard benchmark set.
>>> I am thankful for any kind of input.
>>> Christian
>>> ---
>>> H.-Christian Ehrlich
>>> Zentrum für Bioinformatik, Universität Hamburg
>>> Bundesstr. 43
>>> 22761 Hamburg, Germany
>>> www.zbh.uni-hamburg.de

---