On 05/22/2013 07:16 PM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:

> In all cases I have reviewed, Newlinq is operating now as designed. If you go
> to the expiry reports, are there any expired products? This is the key to the
> active monitor alerting. If anything is not green, active monitor will be at
> a minimum an amber colour. If any of the products have updates that were
> released after the expiry date, it will instead turn red. This
> feature/functionality was built after receiving multiple request from clients
> to know when their support has expired.
>
> As for turning it off in active monitor, the above is the one and only report
> we have received indicating it cannot be turned off. Activation of monitoring
> for active monitor components is part of the base blueonyx code. Nothing
> specific to newlinq has been changed in this regard. I would suggest it would
> make sense for David to double check the active monitor settings to make sure
> it was not further down the list of components. (There is a scroll list for
> active monitor components). If there is an actual problem, we can look at it
> - but I am unable to replicate it at the moment.
>
> Final words. Newlinq is now stable from what I can see. There will be other
> tweaks in the future to improve performance beyond the current setup, but the
> functionality is now stable.
>
> Greg.
>
> P.S. I am travelling this week, with limited internet access. I will be back
> home next week and be able to followup any outstanding issues on my return.

Servers I have a problem with do not have compass/sloarspeed packages.
It appears as though these features are a commercialization of BlueOnyx
for the purpose of marketing Compass/Solarspeed packages.
Although NewLinQ does benefit those whom have such packages installed,
is currently a nuisance to others.
Is there an open source document that would allow other package
developers to use NewLinQ?

I did find it in the Settings "Components Monitored" - "Support /
Maintenance Status"
Moving same to "Components Not Monitored" has resolved the red indicator
issue and the annoying email

Gerald