Hi Graham, *,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Graham Lauder <yori...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 Nov 2010 20:53:16 Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 18:12:19 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>>
>> In fact, I think it would be dumb to refuse an offer from a commercial
>> entity to help us, just because they are not in the community yet.

If it is helping, then I'm all for it. But as I understood it it would
not be helping, but they'd create the full thing and "donate" it to
us.
Really helping would be much more effort for them (all that
communication, all that interacting with people that slows them
compared to them working on it by themselves alone, maybe only having
a few guidelines by the community.

I'm not against professional help, if my post did make that
impression, then I'd like to correct it here.
But it should not be "we'll do it all for you, you don't have to do
anything" style of help.
It's kind of difficult to get professionals into interaction with the
community - and that is where my concerns are.

> I must admit that my first reaction was something like Christian's, however on
> thinking about it, we are working on a different paradigm here. So perhaps
> there is room to at least look and discuss.

Yes - helping is OK, but also those other dupal advocates on the
website list are professionals wrt drupal. They also run business with
drupal, and in parts already have made similar offers. I'm glad I'm
not the one who has to make a decision here :-)

ciao
Christian

--
E-mail to steering-discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org for instructions on how