2011/1/22 André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Am 21.01.2011 15:21, schrieb Michael Meeks:
>>
>>        So I suggest we add a clarification of both of these to the end of
>> the
>> "Non permitted use section".
>>
>>        "Thus uses of the Marks in a domain name, or business name
>>         without explicit written permission from TDF are prohibited."
>
> just to get this right: "business name" means name of a product, service,
> company, organization
> or similar. E.g. "LibreOffice Premium Support" would not be allowed.
> But it is allowed to use the trademarks, describing your business service as
> "We are XYZ Ltd.,
> providing Support for LibreOffice "
>

>>        So - do people have problems with any of that ?
>
> No .. means +1 to the modifications.
>
> regards,
>
> André

I thought a little info might be helpful.
I don't dare mention the product name... but another open source
product has the following clause in their trademark policy which
allows unwritten licencing of the trademark:

-----
//Use that does not require a written license//
Non-commercial Products that exist solely to support Drupal and its
adoption, use and users may use the Drupal trademark in promotional
materials, such as posters, books, pins, and t-shirts.

Use of the trademark that is merely descriptive of the Product is
acceptable without need of a license. If such description clearly
separates your trademark from the Drupal trademark (e.g. by describing
the Product as "YourProduct for Drupal"). In other words, you would
not need a license to promote the name "TotalTraining for Drupal" but
branding your product so it seems like it comes from Drupal (e.g.
"Drupal TotalTraining") would not be permissible.
-----

This policy has allowed the community to build a huge 3rd party
community support network around their product while protecting their
trademark successfully.

Maybe something to consider.
Michael Wheatland