Hi :)
+1
to the idea of this being voted on by the SC/BoD without re-arguing the points.

I had hoped the discussion would just congratulate the Documentation Team on
neatly avoiding potential pitfalls that would take months to fix if MS used it
as a side-issue in a any future dealings with them.  It makes sense to use
primarily Windows screen-shots in marketing, for the reasons Italo stated, but
Documentation takes a LOT longer to fix.

Inevitably there will be specific sections that focus on individual OSes but
the
bulk of the documentation tries to stay consistent with itself rather than look
randomly thrown together.  A flippant vote taken in under 5 mins to change
documentation to use Windows screen-shots would result in many months of
hard-work for the tiny documentation team and would result in no documentation
being out-there until that work gets re-done.  Right now there are questions
about whether to bother continuing to work at the documentation at all until
after the SC/BoD has decided to tell the team how to do their work.

If the SC/BoD wants official documentation to be done in a way that demands
using Windows screen-shots and also relinquishes any responsibility for the
completed work so that individuals might be left facing the full wrath of MS as
individuals then i think we can forget about any documentation ever getting
done!

The question is really about whether to support the Documentation Team or to
tell them to re-do everything in Windows and then not support them at all!
Have
they really wasted their time and effort doing a bad job?
Regards from
Tom :)