Hi :)
So the work was done for TDF but the decision to do the work was taken by one
of
the communities.

I thought the event was a different one.  One that had been discussed in here.
I remember people using the mailing list to meet up for further discussion at
the end of one of the days but i guess that was a different event?

Since TDF does have plenty of money to cover the short-fall i think it should.
We don't want to discourage people from doing work that benefits TDF!  I do
agree with David's earlier post that it would be good for the SC and BoD know
about events in advance.

If the SC or BoD had been asked in advance then i'm fairly sure they would have
agreed to pay about half if the other half was being paid by a community group.

The problem is that the decision should have been put to the SC/BoD in advance.

I think agree to it this time but avoid it in the future?
Regards from
Tom :)