Hi Florian,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> It was solely for those having root access, not for web site managers, as
> the technical topics were in-depth and detailed.

Yes, well given that you have root access to my server, it would have
been good for me to talk to you about some "in-depth and detailed"
issues.

> We definitely plan to have open meetings, but this meeting was really
> necessary to make the sysadmins work together, so it was reserved for this
> group.

"Work together"? And with the outside world, too, I hope! I posted a
request/proposition to the admins on the website ML a week ago and
still did not get even an answer. I notice sometimes that getting some
attention and cooperation from the libreoffice.org admins is like
trying to get blood out of a stone (and I'm not just talking about my
own posts, others seem to get the same mileage sometimes). So I hope
you at least talked about that kind of in-depth issue too. ;-)

Precisely the problem seems to be that the sysadmins are a closed
group, unlike other teams in the project, and simply don't seem to
work in the same way as other teams. They might be managing key
infrastructure but it's not a reason for working differently - in fact
quite the opposite, they should be especially attentive to working
openly.... it's not a good tendence, IMO.

--
David Nelson