From: Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Sat, 6 August, 2011 11:47:53
Subject: [steering-discuss] addition to trademark policy

Hello,

my other task from the last SC calls was to add a note to the trademark policy
that helps in understanding when the subline can be used.

My proposed change follows:

old version:
==
Proper Form: TDF marks should be used in their exact form, neither abbreviated
nor combined with any other word or words. TDF has a set of acceptable logos
for
general use. If you are not sure where they are please inquire on our lists.
Only the logos that bear the exact mention of the software name with the
mention
“The Document Foundation” are reserved for the sole and official use of TDF as
an entity, for instance on splash screens from software builds compiled by the
Document Foundation or DVD labels officially stemming from the Document
Foundation. You may not use this set of logos but only the logos bearing the
software name without the Document Foundation's mention.
==

new version:
==
Proper Form: TDF marks should be used in their exact form, neither abbreviated
nor combined with any other word or words. TDF has a set of acceptable logos
for
general use. If you are not sure where they are please inquire on our lists.
The
logos that bear the exact mention of the software name with the mention "The
Document Foundation" are reserved for two purposes:

* the sole and official use of TDF as an entity, for instance on splash screens
from software builds compiled by the Document Foundation or on official
materials from the legal entity itself

* the use within the Projects of the Community - like documentation, marketing
or website - when the respective work is prepared and coordinated openly and
transparently, on the appropriate communication channels, following the
Foundation's and Community's principles

/Example: A publisher working on a documentation with a few selected community
members is not eligible for use of logos with the mention "The Document
Foundation", whereas the documentation team itself may freely use it for any
project that is coordinated on its mailing lists.

You may not use this set of logos for other than the above purposes, but only
the logos bearing the software name without the Document Foundation's mention.
==

Does this make things clear. Shall we embed it, or can we find an easier
wording?

Thanks,
Florian

-- Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
steering-discuss+h...@documentfoundation.org