Hi Drew,

While there's a list for confidential matters we intend and want to have a
dexision making process that's transparent. This list was designed with the
notion that it'd be both a formal tool (voting, opinions of the BoD
members, etc.) and a communication tool for important an urgent matters. My
opinion is that if we were to switch over to the discuss list decisions
would be lost in endless threads, not followed by developers and in a few
weeks you'd find yourself with less communication and unclear decision
making. I think we want to have this list precisely because we want avoid
distraction and create a more solemn / official list.

Best,

Charles.
Le 11 août 2011 19:26, "drew" <d...@baseanswers.com> a écrit :
> On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 14:10 +0200, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is a short reminder about the purpose of this list. It has been
setup
>> to serve as the SC / BoD primary communication channel. Therefore it
>> accomodates SC members & requests from project members. While we do
>> appreciate everyone's input we'd like to keep non-essential content on
other
>> lists.
>
> Hi Charles.
>
> With all due respect and specifically with regards to the last sentence
> above - perhaps having this list at all was a mistake.
>
> There is a private mailing list for the SC members use when _absolutely_
> required, is there not?
>
> For all other items it seems appropriate to just use the same lists as
> the rest of us.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Drew Jensen
>

> --