Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2011-08-26 11:58:

Indeed, even the Tax-Man acknowledge that 'reasonable' meal
re-reimbursement - during a remote mission - are tax-deductible (i.e.
are not a 'compensation in kind').
Surely it is more a matter of 'reasonableness'  and 'frugality' rather
than a question of principle.

whew, my thoughts caused some discussion. ;-)

Well, I guess it's no secret that being without a fixed job at the moment, I am *very* much in favor of a good and friendly reimbursement rule. I had to stay at home myself from many events this year due to the lack of funding, so I know those pains a lot. :)

I am no tax expert, but Norbert is right, there indeed is a rule of some "senseful" reimbursement - if you have a breakfast for 5 € or 10 € in a hotel, that should work, if you have a breakfast for 30 €, the tax deparment will not accept it, I guess. This can cause troubles not only for the paying entity, but also for the paid person.

So, I surely don't vetoe if we cover some basic costs (eating on the road is much more expensive than at home) - but we should check with SPI as the paying entity first what they allow. For TDF rules, let's discuss them when TDF exists and we know some tax regulations for it.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108