On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM, David Emmerich Jourdain
<jourd...@gmx.de> wrote:

> IMHO, I don't see why can we not adopt this option. The current MC proved
> that was (and is) impartial and deeply focused on meritocracy, essential
> factors for an MC.
>
> For me, the current MC proved that's fully deserving of this gentlemen's
> agreement.

With the caveat that Thorsten must resign as MC-deputy, since one
cannot be BoD and MC member at once.

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>I have full trust in the current MC, no doubts about that. The issue that
>makes me favor the other option (wait until the new MC is in place) is that it
>would avoid having elections very soon after the legal set-up, which is rather
>time consuming.

Maybe we can do with the current MC as 'initially designated' for the
first 6 month of the foundation and organize a MC election then, since
it would be a good idea to have BoD election and MC election somewhat
separated to avoid 'oversight'/'membership' issues.

Norbert