Op 13-7-2020 om 15:13 schreef Regina Henschel:
Hi all,

Justin Luth schrieb am 13-Jul-20 um 13:08:
I think the best solution probably lies in just using simple branding of "LibreOffice", and "LibreOffice LTS" for eco-system branding.

I support this. In addition LibreOffice partners should be allowed to put a "powered by XYZ" on the start screen.
Surely preferred above Edition; +1

As many have already said, LibreOffice Personal implies licensing - which simply isn't true, and so is a particularly bad term. > LibreOffice Community edition implies crippleware - which currently is not true, and is not the intended direction. So also a poor term.

"Edition" itself is dangerous too, because it implies, that the download from TDF might not contain all features.

+1

What still troubling is the position of TDF against the the eco-system partners. The eco-system partners (and other professionals delivering services) are at the same time competing with each other in the same market. The TDF attempts to be neutral. And is really speaking with "Mehl im Mund". The potential customer has to figure out who to contact themselves. Sending customers more or less in the dark. About making a first good impression. I personally would already quite here.  You can say that you're be reliable partner, easy to find, clear communication, easy to contact. However at TDF the opposite is true. And the confusion doesn't end at TDF..  The quality of the content at Collaboraoffice.com/ CIB.de isn't really convincing either, IMHO. And the sites are rather technical. A CEO or Manager has to be convinced too, I think. Also terms like L1 and L2 are not to evident. Are those (legally) universal terms. So L1/L2 means exact the same thing for every software vendor worldwide? I would really want to know what I get.

So even with LTS we end up with multiple LTS version offered by multiple vendors.

Telesto