I'm guessing based on the information provided in the titles that the TDF is
looking to set up a The Document "Co-operative/Corporation".

If it is the case you're setting up a business entity, may I strongly plead
towards setting up a multi-stakeholder platform co-operative instead of a
corporation?

1) CIB, Collabora, etc. would have equal voting rights as organization members
2) Donor/subscribers would have voting rights as personal members.
3) TDF/TDC staff would have voting rights as worker members.

The weighting of votes could be determined by contributions, so maybe (60% org
weight, 30% member weight, 10% worker weight).

Trebor Scholz, a german professor at The New School in NYC is a proponent of
platform co-ops and would likely be quite interested in helping out.

There are a lot of other platform co-op enthusiasts that would likely help with
this work as well, it would help with task 3113 (though I don't know why Heiko
is so resistant against creating an online forum like Discourse considering the
community is clamouring for it.)

There are also lots of resources online with templates, etc. to set up a
co-operative organization; in Europe the ICA (Belgium), CICOPA (Italy), etc.
would be excited to help I would imagine.

This also would be a potential revenue stream as voting membership could be set
as an annual requirement to maintain good standing. Consider that Taz.de - a
media co-op in Berlin, is purely funded by it's members, despite the
availability of free news around the world and states.

If you'd be interested in going in this direction I'd be happy to provide some
volunteer time to assist in creation/governance.

Cheers,
Kevin