Hello Andreas,

Andreas Mantke wrote on 30.05.21 at 20:12:

would be great, if someone could shed some light on this. Is there
already a captcha provider available which could be self hosted. I
searched for such option, but with no result.

we looked at some in the past (don't remember their names from the top of my head), but the results were only mediocre. What helped us years ago in the wiki was to ask concrete questions eg. about TDF (Where are we located etc.), because these cannot be automated so easily, but still, you need to rotate these frequently... indeed, time for a proper solution to this. :)

Florian