Hi *,

looking at this thread, we start to run in circles.

My understanding was, that Paolo volunteered to write-up a more
detailed proposal, including goals (short-term and possibly
long-term).

I agree with several other directors (current and upcoming) that this
would be very useful to have, to base a decision on.

So lets wait for that document; in this sub-thread there was no new
arguments in a while. I suggest we retire it.

A few quick comments, no need to discuss further:

Paolo Vecchi wrote:
> On 16/02/2022 09:52, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> > The difference is that we already have a mentor (actually several
> > mentors in several areas), while you suggest a strategic decision -
>
> We recently employed only 1 mentor.
> No one else has been employed in that specific role.

TDF employed, and still employs, several mentors in various roles &
overlapping responsibilities (including development).

Those were, if my memory serves me well, unanimously wanted.

> It would be great if members of the board of directors, with their
> TDF hat on, would explain clearly why they seem to be opposed to
> employing in-house developers.

The opposition seems to be about the process, and about putting the
means before the end. There was BTW a constructive side-thread with
some thoughts on how/where a salaried developer at TDF could be
beneficial, with contributions from all sides of the aisle.

Best,

-- Thorsten