Am 08.03.22 um 22:54 schrieb Emiliano Vavassori:
Dear community members,

Following the discussion on the first revision of the "Attic"
proposal, posted here by Thorsten Behrens on December 17th, 2021,
gathering the input we received from the community (thanks for the
invaluable help provided by everyone who participated!) and as
anticipated in the last Board meeting (yesterday, March 7th), Thorsten
and I tried to condense the discussion in a new 2.0 version, which I
post below for further discussion.

Of course, we are available to further clarify the proposal, if
needed, and we eagerly await for your input on this following version.

the quintessence of he proposal would be that a project will at 99,9% or
more wouldn't get out of the attic state inside the TDF resources. The
barriers to de-attic a project and make it an active project inside TDF
are much higher than setting up / starting a new project.

You ask for at least 3 devs with a lot of very valuable commits to start
the process. But in comparison with the hurdles to run a new project /
idea inside TDF resources there is no balance. A lot of (software)
projects starts and run with only one (or maybe two) developers. If you
put the same burden on them they would never get a go from TDF.

I think a lot of volunteer work for and around LibreOffice would have
been running on TDF resources if you took this criteria as a basis.

The proposal is the start to stop any (volunteer) initiative to revive
of - temporarily - not actively developed / worked on projects.

Everyone who wants to work on such a project from the attic needs to use
resources outside of TDF and I expect the development will stay there
(and will not moved to TDF resources later).

Thus in my opinion it is contrary to TDF's mission.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate