Le 10 juin 2022 11:51:49 GMT+02:00, Michael Meeks <michael.me...@collabora.com>
a écrit :
>Hi there,
>
>Paolo Vecchi wrote on 31.05.22 at 21:03:
>> TDF to publish LibreOffice in the app stores, especially Apple and
>> Microsoft. TDF will work to prepare LibreOffice for the app stores
>> as soon as possible
>
>       As this era ends, I'd like to say how pleased we are at
>Collabora to have been able to lead here - to have fronted the
>significant initial investment needed to get LibreOffice into the Mac
>sandbox, and app-store and to have got it done.
>
>       We made it easier for a large number of users to get
>LibreOffice. Later on we charged for the convenience and re-invested
>that into improving the Mac version up-stream, and also are pleased to
>have donated a significant sum to TDF. We've also explored the
>market-demand-curve for convenience, updated the board from time to
>time & will of course complete that (as time permits) when the
>situation settles.
>
>       I'd like to thank many for their great work here: Tor
>Lillqvist in particular, but also Tomaz Vajngerl, Lubos Lunak, Andras
>Timar & Miklos Vajna.
>
>       It is also important to give credit and thanks to CIB &
>Allotropia for their work on getting a high quality LibreOffice into
>the Windows app-store to make it more accessible to people too.  I'm
>not sure that I have the exact list right here but I'd like to call
>out Marina Latini, Vasily Melenchuk, Samuel Mehrbrodt and Thorsten
>Behrens for making the goodness happen.
>
>       Looking back at this app-store journey, we have a debt of
>gratitude particularly to Simon Phipps, Nicholas Christener, Uwe
>Altmann and Marina Latini for their hard work around building better
>ways to structure the app-store provision. There are many views on
>that - but it is unarguable that they put in a lot of hard work and
>love to try to improve LibreOffice which is much appreciated.
>
>       I'd like also to give credit to the PortableApps team for
>making LibreOffice available in their app-store. They have done great
>work promoting us from early in the LibreOffice project:
>https://www.libreoffice.org/download/portable-versions/
>
>Paolo Vecchi wrote on 31.05.22 at 21:03:
>> TDF to publish LibreOffice in the app stores ...
>
>       Which leads us to other app-stores. Traditionally packaging
>has been a great provider of diversity and excellence around
>contribution to LibreOffice - starting IIRC with Frederic Crozat's
>amazing work to make OpenOffice.org into the first Mandrake Linux
>packages waaay back in the day - which much of our Linux packaging is
>ultimately built on.
>
>       Anyhow - it was wonderful to have lots of work from Stephan
>Bergman and Caolan McNamara at RedHat with help from Robert McQueen at
>Endless to get LibreOffice into: https://flathub.org/ "Flathub - An
>app store and build service for Linux". As always getting LibreOffice
>into a different kind of sand-box sounds trivial, and yet often takes
>quite some work.

> [...]

Hi Michael,

Thank you to all the companies that contribute to the development of
LibreOffice. I sincerely hope that each of them will be able to continue to
develop a profitable economic activity around our favorite office suite and
that new companies will come to expand its ecosystem.

Best regards
JBF
--
Seuls les formats ouverts garantissent la pérennité de vos documents.