Hi all,

I'm opening a new thread because I would like to clarify a bit my position on why this is necessary for TDF to have an online version and why I think it's possible if we all take a balanced position and listen to each others.

I believe delivering LibreOffice on centralized online services in resource-constrained environments and on Android powered tablets and phones is explicitly part of our mission. There are a lot of countries in the world where the current ecosystem is not and will never be present. For example health workers in Africa who rely on Android OS almost uniquely to perform their work.

There is a big part of the population which will never pay for support because they *cannot* offer it. For example micro-businesses in France represent 96% [1], SMEs 3.8% and it's only France. There are also journalists, students and pupils over the world, and so on. That should leave enough room for everybody to exist, without preventing TDF to support a big part of the world.

So for me the topic is not do we want to compete each other, but do we want to complete each other. And if we brainstorm on that common goal, I'm sure we will find ways to be beneficial for both the ecosystem and the foundation and that should even broaden the ecosystem. TDF has to take care of those left over users anyway.

Some may reply that it doesn't fulfill the technical part, but to my eyes, if we get room for everyone, community will show up to help filling the gap.

[1] see the black bloc on the left of the page in English:
https://www.insee.fr/en/outil-interactif/5543645/tableau/60_ETP/0.62_ENT

Cheers
Sophie

--