On 09/29/2013 12:28 AM, Frank Novak wrote:
> board-boun...@ovirt.org wrote on 09/28/2013 03:24:32 PM:
>
>  > From: Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com>
>  > To: Ryan Harper <ry...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>,
>  > Cc: a...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, board <board@ovirt.org>
>  > Date: 09/28/2013 03:24 PM
>  > Subject: Re: Submitting Kimchi project as an oVirt incubator project (V2)
>  > Sent by: board-boun...@ovirt.org
>  >
>  > On 09/27/2013 06:05 PM, Ryan Harper wrote:
>  > > * Ryan Harper <ry...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> [2013-09-20 08:30]:
>  > >> * Chris Wright <chr...@redhat.com> [2013-09-19 23:26]:
>  > >>> * Ryan Harper (ry...@us.ibm.com) wrote:
>  > >>>> * a...@linux.vnet.ibm.com <a...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> [2013-09-10
> 10:28]:
>  > >>>>> It has been some time since we last discussed incubating Kimchi
> into
>  > >>>>> oVirt so I'd like to rekindle the discussion.  It seems like
> there has
>  > >>>>> been general agreement that the two projects are complimentary.
>   What
>  > >>>>> are the next steps?  Does the board require more information to
> make a
>  > >>>>> decision?  Is there any work that needs to be done before the
> board can
>  > >>>>> vote?
>  > >>>>
>  > >>>> In the past, we've held discussion open for a few weeks, and then we
>  > >>>> have a VOTE thread.  I think we've had enough time for review of
>  > >>>> comments for inclusion.
>  > >>>>
>  > >>>> I'd like to call for a VOTE thread for inclusion of Kimchi in oVirt.
>  > >>>
>  > >>> I wasn't clear if you were planning to spawn a VOTE thread...given
>  > >>> others voted here...
>  > >>
>  > >> Indeed, sorry about that; but this thread is as good as another.
>  > >>
>  > >> +1
>  > >
>  > > After two weeks time for voting, the final tally is:
>  > >
>  > > Board Votes: 5 For, 0 Against, 7 Abstain.
>  > >
>  > >
>  >
>  > ok, so moving on to practical matters - name for repo? kimchi?
>  > ovirt-kimchi, etc.?
> Well, the project is already on github..  so assuming we would just
> 'link' to it.. put some wrapper into ovirt..
> I don't see a need switch names.. at least for now.. unless someone
> finds some objections.. legal/cultural, etc
> Not clear in my mind all of what is needed for bringing it into fold as
> an incubator from the infrastructure logistics...
>
> The 1.0 release is tentatively targeted for mid-October.. maybe that's a
> good time to align. ??
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

> Frank Novak  ( 诺帆 nuò、fān )
> [...]

the way other projects work is we use gerrit.ovirt.org as the master
git, and we mirror all projects to github.com/ovirt
(I assume we can mirror to kimchi-project as well. though it will cause
some noise in the gerrit log)
is the intent to continue with github as the primary repo and not use
gerrit.ovirt.org?