losing the transfers looks fine to me.

I'd like to jump in with a new question - I'm working on an Android/BOINC app
for the Quake-Catcher Network -- just monitors the built-in device
accelerometer when the device is charging & "at rest".  Should be very low CPU.

I'm thinking of porting my OpenGL graphics over into a separate graphics app,
that people can run to see the xyz plots of the accelerometer (maybe leave it
on as a screen saver).  I think it should be possible ie just access the shared
memory from my separate graphics program and see the plots (kind of like how
BOINC does it anyway, e.g. separate program).

Has anybody tried this yet ie a separate graphics app?