Hi all,

I know that Eric Korpela had a thread about this, but its name was that of
a private message. A bit difficult to search on, etc.

We get more and more people on the BOINC forums who complain that since
they updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, that the BOINC screen
saver doesn't work anymore.

Full thread
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=10422

E.g.
" Ever since the day i started it in Windows 10, i noticed that i get no
preview, or screensaver. I don't really care too much since i did notice
that my points per day tripled with the Windows 10 update, but i do leave
my monitors on once every so often, and the protection would be nice. I'm
running 2 GeForce 760's in SLI with drivers from NVIDIA GeForce experience
constantly updating them. Also running 5 SIIG USB 3.0 dual monitor adapters
to handle the 6 monitors i have. i don't get screensavers on any of the
screens."

and
"Hi there, guess what? Since upgrading to Windows 10 BOINC screen saver
will not run too. Ran fine on 8.1. It appears it's trying to start once
every second, however when I look under 'tasks' in BOINC Mgr it show all is
running fine. Sounds like lots of people are having the issue. Any ideas?
Thank you ..."

Now, in some cases it can possibly be that Windows Update installs a driver
version that doesn't contain OpenGL, but I'm not sure it's true in all of
these cases.

I'll ask people to install GPU Caps Viewer to see if they have OpenGL
installed. Anything else?

Ta,

-- Jord van der Elst.