Something one of the users wrote in the thread:

***************
"I managed to get the screensaver run, but I don't know exactly how. At
first it did NOT run.

I went to Windows personalize... lock screen... screen saver settings. I
chose "BOINC". I didn't change anything under the "Settings..." tab.
Preview run OK. I set "Wait" to 1 minutes and apply + OK. Then exit
everything and waited. No open programs, no movement, only Boinc client
running in the background. Screensaver never run.

Then I located Boinc program directory and boincsvr.exe. I tried all the
compatibility modes for that file (file properties... compatibility...
"Disable display scaling...", "Run this program as admimistrator" and one
at a time all the different Windows versions). That didn't make it work.

Then I went back to Windows personalize... lock screen... screen saver
settings. I see there was also a screensaver called "PBOINC". It had been
there already at the first time. Now I chose that "PBOINC" and tried the
preview. Screensaver only flashed on the screen, but I think that happened
because maybe I accidentally moved the mouse a little bit.

Now comes the strange part. There was no more screensaver called "PBOINC".
It had disappeared from the list after that short preview. The regular
"BOINC" had been automatically chosen again.

Well, then I tried preview for that regular "BOINC" again and it worked. I
went back to desktop and waited.... and now the screensaver RUN after 1
minute !

Then I started to remove the compatibility modes for the boincsvr.exe. In
the end, I had removed them all and screensaver was still able to run after
1 minute.

Ps. I had set the "Screen timeout setting" to "Never" already long time
ago. I didn't touch that setting.

My setup:
W10 build 10525, Boinc 7.6.8 x64, Nvidia GTX 960 + driver 355.80, this host
is only crunching for Einstein@Home at the moment"

Looking on the Interweb,
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/Screensaver-and-power-otions-not-working-after-Win10-update/td-p/5201176
shows it is not a BOINC problem.