(copying my private replies to the list)

I was thinking of things like

<!-- SVN VERSIONS -->
<!-- $Id$ -->
<!-- $Id$ -->
<!-- $Id$ -->
<!-- $Id$ -->
<!-- $Id$ -->
<!-- $Id$ -->
<!-- $Id$ -->
<!-- $Id: pm.inc 14019 2007-11-01 23:04:39Z davea $ -->

(from https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_index.php)

We used to be able to see exactly which SVN patches had been applied by any
given project, and advise accordingly.

Would there be a way to keep the auto-generation of the date and author fields,
even though the Git SHA isn't helpful in this situation?

Projects also used to show a single SVN number on their server status pages,
which gave a glimpse of the state of their operational server code.

On Wednesday, 29 March 2017, 9:32, David Anderson <da...@ssl.berkeley.edu>