This is the type of cross-platform development that Java was built for. With
SWT you get native UI controls. An example of how well this works is the
Eclipse app. Although, I agree people seem to prefer sloppy languages like
JavaScript today because it's apparently too much trouble to provide
well-defined types for variables.
    On Friday, January 5, 2018, 9:10:10 AM EST, Jason Groothuis