Moin Dan,

I have followed your suggestion and after I add  in site.conf

  mailAddress: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  mailmode: active

and it worked. So one suggestion:
* add in the description of 
http://www.boltwire.com/index.php?p=resources.solutions.email.verify
that this plugin is depricated and you first must carefully read
http://www.boltwire.com/index.php?p=docs.tutorials.mail (which I
didn't do :-))
* maybe you can add in your plugins the information-summary as in
pmwiki like: version, works with boltwire 2.xx and so on.

Have a nice day and keep up the good work.

Cheers from Helex!

On Oct 19, 8:14 pm, "The Editor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First I want to warn you that the email/verify/password plugins are
> quite old, from somewhere in BoltWire 1.xx if I remember correctly,
> and I'm not sure they don't need some updating.
>
> Second, BoltWire recently added a built in mail function which may be
> more useful for simple mail functions. Though email verification
> systems are not easy by any means--so you may be going the right
> direction.  At some point, someone should probably rewrite the email
> verification script to use the default function. We could then focus
> on using the email plugin for newsletters, as it was designed for.
>
> Ok, now the message your are getting is because the email script
> requires you to have a default mail address set in the site.config
> page, to work. I kind of built a couple fail safes into these scripts
> to help minimize the chance of spam. To do it, just go to site.config
> and add this line:
>
> mailAddress: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> You can override this in the email function when you want it sent to
> or from somewhere else, but the script does check that this setting is
> in your site.config as part of its authorization process.
>
> See if this doesn't get you a little farther.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> P.S. Welcome to BoltWire from Germany!
>
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Helex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello again :-),
>
> > I try to install this plugin as follow:
> > 1. install email as described 
> > here:http://www.boltwire.com/index.php?p=resources.solutions.email
> > 2. install Verify Email plugin as described here
> >http://www.boltwire.com/index.php?p=resources.solutions.email.verify
>
> > And then I made the configurations which are explained from Caveman
> >> Make sure you have the email plugin enabled, and authorization given for 
> >> main.enroll.account to send emails.
>
> >  So I go to site.auth.email and edit this page to write in:
> >  *: @guest
> >      main.enroll.account: @guest
>
> > The next task was:
> >> You also need to allow guests to write to temp.activate pages.
>
> >  So I go to site.auth.write and edit this page to write in:
> >  *: @member
> >    action*: @editor
> >    code*: @editor
> >    group*: @editor
> >    group.admin: @admin
> >    login*: @editor,@key_register
> >    site*: @editor
> >    site.auth*: @admin
> >    template*: @editor
> >    temp.activate: @guest
>
> > And if I now go to main.enroll.account and fill everything correctly I
> > get the message
> >   > Data fields have been saved. No default address entered. Email
> > not sent.
>
> > The checks for valid email, password repeat and so on are working
> > correct (I made some tests).
> > I looked in main.enroll.account  and wondered if I should configure
> >  [session emailto {=email}]
> >  [session emailfrom [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > or anything else?
>
> > Thanks for looking after the mistake and I hope that the description
> > is now better :-).
>
> > Cheers, Helex from Germany!
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to