On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:42 AM, alinome.net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > >> Couldn't you just set up your skin to have something like: >> >> <link rel='stylesheet' href='http://mysite/myfield/pages/$$css' >> type='text/css' /> > > There are two issues there: > > 1) I prefer relative paths because they work both offline and online, > no matter what my localhost path is (now it's localhost/mydomain). In > the design phase I work a lot in the local server and, when the > changes are done, upload the files by FTP.
For that matter you could put href='$$script$$css'. Wouldn't that work? > 2) I use clean URLs, offline and online. I discovered that the > relative path needed to access the CSS changes depending on the page > hierarchical depth. That's why I wrote [(backpath)]. I guess without > clean URLs the relative path could be always the same. In fact I don't > understand fully the issue, because I have not succeeded to calculate > a relative path to access boltwire/farm/icons/ from my site, online > and offline, while of course I can access the engine; at last I had to > copy the icons to files/icons :-( but I'll study that deeper. When using cleanurls, the regular url often gets garbled by the rewrite engine. Perhaps that is the problem. You may need to give it the cleanurl equivalent. >> The $$css variable will check for values in the following order: >> >> * A system var named css >> * A page data var named css >> * A var on code.skinvars > > I never read that! It's great, it gives a lot of power. I supposed $ > $var is only a skinvar. Does it behave always like you describe or > only in skin pages? Anyway I have to update the docs [;-)] I think it works anywhere. You could test. Thanks again for your help with the docs. Cheers, Dan --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BoltWire" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
