You have a couple options. One is to put a header/footer file in the
site.inc group that simply says

[if ! admin][(forward main.error)][if]

Then anyone browsing to a page in your site.inc hierarchy (not an
admin) will get redirected away. Of course they could include a page,
but that's what you want of course, so there's not an easy way around
that.

The other option would be to create a custom include function that
bypasses the read authorization check. But again, anyone using that
markup would be able to access the page that way. If you prefer the
latter option I could help a bit, but I think the first option is
easiest.

Cheers,
Dan



On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:14 AM, alinome.net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I created a page branch to hold little pieces of special content that
> are used in several pages. Example: the page inc.mycontactinfo would
> have certain paragraph to be included by other pages of the site. The
> reason is not to duplicate sensitive information, to keep it updated
> in all pages.
>
> I found the following problem: those "inc." pages can be included only
> if guests have view permissions on them, but I don't want the pages to
> be visited (in the case someone guessed their names). Is there any way
> to let the pages to be included into other pages, but not visible by
> their own?
>
> Besides the auth issue, maybe the general idea could be useful, a
> "site.inc." branch for this.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Marcos
>
> --
> http://alinome.net
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to