Hi Dan,

I have an interesting requirement that I am not sure how to solve:

Say I have a number of user groups (each with their own page hierarchy),
for example blueteam and redteam.
It is easy enough to set view and write access for each group in the
current auth pages.

But what if, on a page by page basis, a blue team member wanted to grant
guest viewer or guest writer privileges to a red team member (for blueteam
pages)?  Keeping in mind that the red team normally have neither read nor
write access to blue team pages.

I'd like the blue team member to be able to add a data field with a
specific name (guest_read? guest_write?) containing the guest users id (or
even a guest group id); resulting in the named users or groups having read
(and maybe write) access to the page in question.

Another way would be to have some new auth pages (eg. auth.guestread or
auth.guestwrite) which would function in a different way from the ordinary
auth pages in that they do not completely override higher up level auths,
but simply add the members or groups specified to the existing auths
(auth.read and auth.write).  That way the additional folks can be added
(and later removed) without interfering with the standard setup.

Not sure I have explained that sufficiently..., but I just cannot figure
out a way to do this...

Any ideas?

Thank lots.
Jan