Kevin Cadieux wrote:

I'm starting with this project so I can only give you a general description. The GC I am talking about would be omnipresent in the project and almost invisible to the user without affecting the control the programmer would have over it. It could obviously allow multiple instanciations so that the programmer can tune each of his GC's the way he wants to. That would boost up the performance in the case that a programmer would need

Is it conservative? If not, how do you access the children of each vertex in the
pointer graph? The multiple instantiations sounds similar to cmm
(ftp://ftp.di.unipi.it/pub/project/posso/cmm ). If so, I think it's a good
idea; however, I'm wondering how you'd mix, for example, rc with
mark-sweep.