"Maxim Egorushkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> support iterators why don't use it? Generally speaking, there should be only
> two adapters (input and output) that take any STL sequence represented by
> begin/end iterators.

It seems to me that for output one needs at least two adapters: one for iterators which are at least forward iterators, whose constructor takes a pair of iterators, and one for simple output iterator, whose constructor takes a single iterator. The writing algorithm is slightly different in the latter case.

Of course, you could force them into one class using some compile-time switches, but this is exactly what my factories do.