Hi Mark

Right,
There will be some breaks or say diversion from UEFI specs.
If we need to follow UEFI specs 'Table 10. Global Variables' on such platform
where we cannot write to NV storage at runtime, then in either case
1/ passing OS as no-efi-runtime or
2/ Returning errors/not saving to NV storage
is violation of UEFI spec.

Which divergence is acceptable ?

Regards
Udit