hehe... you could try just doing wholesale changes on a button
tweaking the algorithm each time until it looked like you want :)

  You could also maybe do a nearest neighbor for one or two pixels
in every direction, to see if you are near a pure blue.

  But the easiest would probably be to go in, sample some of the
anti-aliased colors, and try to work out a rule set based on their
values.

  No matter what, it's gonna suck :)

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 09:35:11PM -0400, John Sequeira wrote:
> Anthony R. J. Ball wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > As for changing image colors, you could do that with imlib2
> >as well... though maybe pixel by pixel. The probalem you may run
> >into is if they have anti-aliased text, which will make wholesale
> >color-swapping difficult.
> >
> Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
>
> Using one of the libraries recommended,  I believe I can walk the
> directory,  load each gif image and then loop through each pixel,
> changing all solid colors from e.g. blue (0,0,255) to green (0,255,00) .
>
> But,  as Anthony pointed out,  I will have the problem of the text being
> antialiased.
>
> So if I have a blue button with yellow text,  I know how to transform
> the blue and yellow to what I want,  but I'll also have a gradient of
> pixels surrounding them with colors in between blue and yellow.
>
> Is there a way to figure out what the yellowish or blueish antialiasing
> pixels should map to in the new graphic?
>
> Would I have to dig down deep into understanding antialiasing
> algorithms,  or is there a simpler way to use something like a color
> wheel/whatever it's RGB analog would be?
>

> John Sequeira
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0103492/

Just think, in a few million years Barney will be motor oil.