Hello all.  I've been trying out Komodo for a couple of weeks, and while
it works pretty well, I'm not seeing anything worth forking out $295
for.  I'm mainly using it for cgi  development, so the gui builder isn't
much use.

The remote cgi debugger is very cool in concept, but the implementation
seems sucky.  For every HTTP request, you have to tell komodo to listen
on the debugging port, and if there's nobody listening on that port, IIS
will fail.  Maybe there's a workaround for that.

The #1 reason I use emacs is for the auto-indent, and Komodo's
auto-indent just isn't as good.  You can't select a region and
auto-indent the code, for example.  You can only increase/decrease the
indent on each line.  I don't want to start a war, but has anyone found
a program with auto-indent performance comparable to emacs?

The remote file editing is not bad, but it's still not as transparent as
opening a file like this: "/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:public_html/project";
that just rocks.  And speaking of stupid little things, when I have a
remote file open in Komodo, and go to open another file in the same
remote folder, why does it forget where I was?  It's like it has to open
another ftp connection for each action.

Komodo's code-folding is cool.  I installed a code-folding script in
emacs (http://mah.everybody.org/docs/emacs/folding-cperl-mode), but it
wasn't as flexible as Komodo's code-folding; it only folded top-level
subroutines, whereas Komodo allows folding of any regions enclosed in
curly braces.  Can anyone recommend a better code-folding script for
emacs?

In conclusion, are there any life-saving Komodo features that I'm
missing?  I'm trying to be open-minded here, but I'm just not seeing the
value.