Apologies for posting this in this forum - but I really need to resolve this and don't
know where to post this question - any suggestions or pointers to any other
question/message boards would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sending an html formatted email (Perl generated) which is being read in  Outlook.
It contains a link to a Windows network drive in the  format:

(To stress: please note that this is a file on a shared drive - not a http link)

However, Outlook fails to recognize that as a valid URL.  If I type the exact same
link into IE (the "file://..." piece), it recognizes it &  pulls up the image file.

What gives? How can I get Outlook to recognize a file on a  shared drive as a
hyperlinked pointer?

[Outlook has no problems recognizing straightforward http://... links within the same
message.]

Thanks,