On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 10:16:24PM -0400, Chris Devers wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Ron Newman wrote:
>
> > On Apr 12, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Sean Quinlan wrote:
> >
> > > If Boston.com is not available I do have access to rooms near the T.
> >
> > Why are we no longer able to use Boston.com?  Has everyone there
> > switched to Python or PHP or Ruby?
>
> It's not necessarily the case that Boston.com can't host meetings, but
> it would be constructive to have a backup venue in mind in case a day
> comes that Boston.com can't or won't be able to help any more.

Boston.com won't be hosting a meeting this month.  Andrew Langmead has been
arranging with his employer to host our meetings for the past three years
(including ordering pizza and soda, making sure the network is working,
worrying about the security system, and always being the last one to
leave).  Andrew has told me that work is getting busier for him, and he
can't commit to doing all that now.

I would like to express my gratitude to Boston.com, and especially to
Andrew, for hosting so many Boston Perl Monger meetings.  It has been much
appreciated!

That day has come, so it's time to find a new venue for meetings.  I think
Chris's earlier post accurately summed up the things we'd hope to have in a
meeting space.

> Boston.com has been hosting Boston.pm meetings for a while now -- five
> years or something like that?

A little history: The first tech meeting at Boston.com was in February,
2001.  Focalex hosted meetings during the previous year, and before that we
met in Uri's attic.

Ronald