On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Then we switched to net-booting over NFS, and it's even easier &
> faster. There's no longer any need to configure each machine, beyond
> going into the bios and making sure that PXE boot over the network is
> enabled. Everything else can be managed on the NFS server, and if a
> machine goes bad, we can just move the user over to a new one or
> rebuild the old one, but either way it's a trivial matter.

That sounds useful, is Perl involved with the machine setups in any
way?  Did you follow any particular tutorial for setting this up?  Do
you only use Debian?

> What's Radmind like? I looked at it briefly, but not in depth. What
> sorts of things are you doing with it?

Just to jump in, I looked at Radmind and it struck me as a
combination of Tripwire and rsync.  I like cfengine much better
because it can do so much more than just file installs (though it does
those too).

Ted