hi

( 05.02.22 14:38 -0800 ) Ranga Nathan:
> I must add that this is a corporate environment.

i guess you should also add 'brain-dead' corporate environment [or maybe
that's just implied].

> How can I rebut this arguement in a better way?

doesn't seem too logical and argument. so you can't use logic to rebut
it.

> "I took out Perl.  After looking at www.perl.org and the language more,
> the main item I didn't like is that it is not type safe, there are only
> three variables types (
> http://perlpod.com/5.8.4/pod/perlintro.html#Perl%20variable%20types).
> Yikes!   Although ti has many of the characteristics we listed, it still
> seems to be used for scripting than for more robust programming.

ask your friend if he's ever heard of amazon.com or ticketmaster.com.
both use perl.

and what's the hangup on types?

one thing with perl is that "there's more than one way to do it". most
coporate types do not like that feature ...

--
\js     oblique strategy: adding on