> If I could write standalone programs for windows in perl, and be
> able to share those programs with my non-perl collegues at work
> without over head of them having to install perl separately, would
> work wonders for general acceptance of the language.  I understand
> that I can bundled perl itself as an executable.  But the WYSIWYG
> IDE and easy to use executables just seem to make the language
> more palatable for knowledgeable, non-technical users.

If you're looking to target win32 specifically, Win32::GUI using the GUI
Loft as a wysiwig solution can be nice.
(http://www.bahnhof.se/~johanl/perl/Loft/)

Distributing standalone binaries is not as easy, but it is possible using
PAR, etc.  They are slow to start up the first time as it explodes the
archive to the cache, but afterwards are quite snappy.  The GUI Loft
author is also very responsive to queries and issues.

andy