  JR> I'm missing something here.  Why can't you just test to see if the
  JR> variable is defined or not on your script?

because he doesn't know in the code what the list of fields is. he needs
to either parse the html survey page or have some other file with that
list so he can validate them. he knows he can parse the html but he
doesn't want to do that (not sure why as it won't be hard). or he needs
to do some redesign where the fields are in a separate file (which the
validation code reads) and the html is templated or generated from that.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com