Hello,

I have this line of code that generates an error:

$this->{conn} = new
Net::Z3950::Connection($mgr,host,port,databaseName=>$base,user=>$user,
password=>$pass);

The error is this:

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x13f5128 at
perl-5.8.6/lib/site_perl/5.8.6/sun4-solaris/Event.pm line 102

One of the creators of Net::Z3950 mentioned that this error cannot be
caught by eval because is not in the perl program itself, but rather in
the interpreter, "deep voodoo magic" he said :-)

Is there any other approach you can think of in order to catch something
like this? I am running this in a CGI application; therefore die-ing
like this is not very nice.

Thanks!

--
Andres

dangerous content by Ex Libris (USA), and is
believed to be virus free.