This seems like a problem that would be easily solved with a small perl
script.

Many web pages have a large list of links.
I would like to follow all the links, to some small depth (typically
just 1) and put their output into one file, in some format suitable for
printing.
I am flexible about the order of the links, and the details of the
format, etc.
This has probably been written already.
Having it in perl would let me modify it, which might be useful.
(If there is a reliable freeware or shareware program, I would also be
interested in that.)

Thanks,
Steve

P.S.  perl -v says:

Copyright 1987-2002, Larry Wall

Binary build 805 provided by ActiveState Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built 18:08:02 Feb  4 2003