2. Is there a bundle for WWW-Mechanize?

Details:
I went to http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW-Mechanize/ and read the doc
and it looks promising.
I downloaded the tar.gz file, extracted all its files, and started the
usual install process.
Unfortunately I hit a variety of problems.  Here is the output:

C:\perl_install\WWW-Mechanize-1.14>perl makefile.pl

    It seems that you are not directly connected to the Internet.  Some
    of the WWW::Mechanize tests interact with websites such as Google,
    in addition to its own internal tests.

Do you want to skip these tests? [y] y
Do you want to install the mech-dump utility? [y] y

It looks like you don't have SSL capability (like IO::Socket::SSL)
installed.
You will not be able to process https:// URLs correctly.

WWW::Mechanize likes to have a lot of test modules for some of its
tests.
The following are modules that would be nice to have, but not required.

        Test::Pod
        Test::Memory::Cycle
        Test::Warn

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite LWP::UserAgent 2.024 not found. We have 1.004.
Warning: prerequisite Test::LongString 0 not found.
Warning: prerequisite URI 1.25 not found. We have 1.19.
Writing Makefile for WWW::Mechanize

//

I *am* directly connected to the Internet, so the first warning is
probably caused by a proxy problem.
Looking inside the Makefile.PL I think the specific test that failed is:

if ( !$skiplive ) {
    require IO::Socket;
    my $s = IO::Socket::INET->new(
        PeerAddr => "www.google.com:80",
        Timeout  => 10,
    );

I think my proxy is set up correctly.
C:\perl_install\WWW-Mechanize-1.14>env | grep -i proxy
FTP_PROXY=http://proxbos1.fmr.com:8000
HTTP_PROXY=http://proxbos1.fmr.com:8000

How can I learn more about why IO::Socket::INET->new failed?

The others errors are dependencies on other modules, or newer versions
of modules.
Is there a "bundle" for WWW-Mechanize?

Thanks,
Steve