On 10/6/05, Jeremy Muhlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone here written a serious threaded server in perl?  I can't seem
> to find any threads + sockets examples anywhere.  I have some stuff
> working with Thread::Pool but there are problems.  (I can elaborate if
> anyone wants me to...)

Why are you trying to write a threaded server in Perl?

If you want performance, I would strongly suggest using a pre-fork
model, or else use another language.  In Perl when you spawn a thread,
Perl makes a copy of virtually all data in that thread to avoid race
conditions.  This is a big, slow step.

Cheers,
Ben